Várak és erődített helyek a Kárpát-medencében

Báncsipkés - Šípkov, Szlovákia, Felvidék, Trencsén vármegye -  Vár ()

  • Áttekintés
  • Történelem
  • Fotók
  • Alaprajzok
  • Ábrázolások
  • Térkép

Báncsipkés (Šípkov) középkori vára a Bebrava folyó völgyének északi részén, hegyes vidéken található a folyó bal partján. A vár a hasonló nevű falu fölött (366 méteren), egy nem túl magas, de viszonylag meredek, kúp alakú csúcson áll. Különleges jellege kiváló stratégiai és védelmi tulajdonságokat adott a korábbi erődítménynek a hegyszoroson át Čierna Lehota, illetve a Košeca várhoz vezető, kieső út mellett. Geológiailag a Strážov hegységhez, a Zliechov-fennsík egyik alegységéhez tartozik. A történelmi Magyar Királyságban Trencsén vármegyéhez tartozott, ma a Szlovák Köztársaság területén Bánovce nad Bebravou megyében tartják nyilván.

Az írásos feljegyzések Báncsipkést először 1295-ben említik Sonko, később Zybkow (1389), majd Sypko (1481), Sipko (1598), Sipkow (1773), Schipkow (1786) néven. Bán környékét a XI. században a nemesi Hont Pázmán család vette tulajdonába, de földbirtokuk nagy része később Trencsén vármegye jobbágyai (iobagiones) igazgatása alá került. A XIII. század közepén ezen a területen épült fel a Zayugróc (Uhrovec) vár, amelyre írásban először 1293-ban hivatkoztak. Az írásos dokumentumok feljegyzései előtt egy évtizeddel azonban a Péterhez, Bašo fiához tartozó várat és annak teljes területét – ideértve a tizenegy falut is – a telhetetlen Csák Máté oligarcha erővel bevette.

A báncsipkési vár azokhoz a területekhez tartozik, amelyeket bizonytalan írásos források vagy lehetséges toponimikus megnevezések segítségével is alig ismernek. Báncsipkés nem szerepel a Csák Máté által birtokolt várak listáján. 1321-es halála után egészen 1389-ig Zayugróc vár királyi tulajdonban maradt, és amikor Luxemburgi Zsigmond király ebben az évben a birtokot stiborice-i Stibor lengyel főnemesnek ajándékozta, a birtok a Berbrava folyó felső részeiben található falukat is magába foglalta, ideértve Báncsipkést is. Így a falu alapítása minden bizonnyal a csáki birtokok bővítésének folytatására esett, amelyet Csák Máté nagybátyja, Máté már a XIII. század első felében megkezdett. Azt a kérdést, hogy ki építtette Báncsipkésen a kis kővárat, valószínűleg további történelmi archívumok kutatása tudná csak megválaszolni. Mindemellett megbízható archeológiai kutatások nyomán arra lehet következtetni, hogy a vár nemesi tulajdon volt, és a XIII. és XIV. századra jellemző európai jellegben egyszerű tömbelrendezéssel építették. Elméletileg a vár sorsa az említett Zayugróc vár Stibor-dinasztiának átadását tükrözi, amely következtében egyes várakat el is hagytak.

A vártorony szerény kilátója (3 x 4 méter) az átépítés után ma már szinte nem is látható. Ennek egyebek mellett az az oka, hogy a fellegvárat nem szakértő módon turistakilátóvá alakították át. 1993 óta masszív, vasbeton szlovák duplakereszt áll, amely elkerülhetetlenül további károkat okozott a fellegvár tetején. Az 1980-as évek végén lefolytatott archeológiai kutatások építészeti maradványokra bukkantak, amelyet az északnyugati lejtőn fel is tártak. Építészeti tevékenységről árulkodik egy árok is, amelyet a falak alapozásához véstek az északi sziklába. Egy további kiálló szikla is meghatározza a fal kiterjedését délnyugati irányba. Egy soklapú, mintegy 6 x 6 méteres tornyot láthatunk, észak–déli és kelet–nyugati irányokban. A torony egykor lakóépületként és erődítményként is szolgált, és a várkomplexum fő részét alkotta.

A fellegvár alatt húzódó délnyugati és északkeleti lejtőn néhány nagyobb teraszt építettek. Ezek a teraszok a toronyhoz épültek, és egy fapalánkos erősítéssel gazdasági célokat szolgáltak. A nagyobb terasz mögött található nyerget tovább szélesítették és mélyítették azért, hogy létrehozzanak egy iszthmián árkot. Az árok külső oldalát egy félkör alakú bástya védte, amelynek mára csupán egy része látható. A mai árok és a fellegvár közötti szintkülönbség 10 méter, és feltételezve, hogy a torony 12-15 méter magasságot is elért, a várhoz vezető utat igen jól lehetett ellenőrizni. Az eredeti gyalogosút még ma is látható. Nyugatról, a falu felől vezet a vár felé, ezután délnyugat felé fordul, áthalad a vár szikladombját a völgy oldalát összekötő szoroson, majd átvezet az árkon. Ezután elérkezik a nagyobb teraszhoz, majd az út végül elér a fellegvárhoz. Habár mára nem maradt földszín feletti maradványa a központi, soklapú kőtoronynak, a csúcs alatt fekvő lejtőkről látható egy kicsi, ámde törött mozsár, továbbá némi mészkő építőanyag. Archeológiai leleteket alig, mindössze egy-egy kerámiadarabot találtak itt 1940 előtt.


Források:

BÓNA, Martin – LUKAČKA, Ján: Úloha hradov horného Ponitria a Požitavia pri obrane a osídlení územia do konca 14. storočia. In: Archaologia historica 27, 2002, pp 239 – 268 (re: 247, 262).

HABOVŠTIAK, Alojz: Stredoveké hrádky na Slovensku. In: Vlastivedn� časopis, 1972, no. 1, pp 2 – 8 (passim).

PLAČEK, Miroslav – BÓNA, Martin: Encyklopédia slovensk�ch hradov. First edition. Bratislava: Slovart 2007. 392 pp (re: 11, 101).

Pramene k dejinám osídlenia Slovenska z konca 5. až z 13. storočia, vol. 1, Bratislava, hlavné mesto SSR a Západoslovensk� kraj, part 2. First edition. Nitra: Archaological Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences 1989. 522 pp (re: 359), 1 encl.

SLIVKA, Michal – PLAČEK, Miroslav: Stredoveké hrádky v okolí Bánoviec nad Bebravou. In: Vlastivedn� časopis, 1988, no. 3, pp 141 – 143 (passim).

Vlastivedn� slovník obcí na Slovensku, vol. 3. First edition. Bratislava: Veda 1978. 536 pp (re: 130), 8 encl.

WIEDERMANN, Egon: Archeologické pamiatky Topoľčianskeho múzea. First edition. Nitra: Archaological Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences, and Nitra: Slovak Archaological Society 1985. 137 pp (re: 80, 135), 5 encl.

Šípkov Castle


In a mountainous environment of the northern part of Bebrava River valley, there, on its left bank, can be found locality of a lesser mediaeval Šípkov Castle. It is situated right above the village of the same name in a position called Hrádok or Hrádková skala (elevation 366 m) that represents not very high but comparatively steep conical spur. Its separate character provided former fortification seat an excellent strategic and secure base on a remote route heading through mountain passes for Čierna Lehota Castle and Košeca Castle. From a viewpoint of geomorphological unit it belongs to Strážov Mountains, subunit Zliechov Highlands. Within the historical Hungarian Kingdom it belonged to the former Trenčín County, now it falls under the district of Bánovce nad Bebravou, the Slovak Republic.


The written records mention village Šípkov for the first time in 1295 as Sonko, later as Zybkow (1389), Sypko (1481), Sipko (1598), Sipkow (1773), Schipkow (1786). The Hungarian eÐuivalents for the name Šípkov are Sipkó, and Báncsipkés. The surroundings of Bánovce nad Bebravou became possession of the Slovak noble lineage Hunt-Poznans as early as the eleventh century, but considerable part of their landownership afterwards went under administration of the Trenčín Castle iobagiones. The upper flow of Radiša River belonged to Bašo, Trenčín County principal, and there was built Uhrovec Castle on this estate in the middle of the thirteenth century, with the first documentary reference from 1293. Almost a decade prior to the reference, however, the castle appertaining to Peter, son of Bašo, was forcedly gained by insatiable oligarch Matthew Csák in 1285, altogether with the whole estate including eleven villages.


Šípkov Castle counts among localities merely known via obliÐue written sources or possible toponymic designation. It doesn't figure on a list of castles held by Matthew Csák, but after his death in 1321 up to 1389 the Uhrovec Castle estate remained royal property, and when King Sigismund I of Luxembourg gave the estate in the last-mentioned year to a Polish magnate Stibor of Stiborice, the estate covered also villages lying around the upper Bebrava River, Šípkov inclusive. So that, the villages foundation was probably connected with the Csákian property expansion already initiated by Matthew Csáks uncle, tavernicus Matthew in the first half of the thirteenth century. The Ðuestion who let build the small stone castle in Šípkov can perhaps be successfully answered by further historical-archival study. Anyway, the results of the ascertaining archaeological research allow us to conclude that the castle must be treated as a noble one, having a very simple block arrangement occuring even in a broader European context primarily in both thirteenth and fourteenth century. On a purely theoretical level, its doom correlates with the aforesaid transfer of the Uhrovec Castle estate to the Stibor dynasty, due to which some seats were subseÐuently abandoned.


The actual situation finds the castles modest apical platform (3 x 4 m) out of any visible traces after the building. Besides other factors, this state was brought about by recent terrain interferences when they inappropriately adapted the acropolis for various lookout-recreational purposes. Since 1993 there has been standing a massive ferroconcrete Slovak double cross, installation of which inevitably caused further damages atop the acropolis.


Archaeological research that took place in the late 1980s detected masonry debris, including a rendered one on the northwestern slope. Constructional activity is also adduced by a groove for embedding the wall, cut in the northern rock unit. Yet another rock protruding above the surface determines the walls probable direction southwestwards. A polyhedral tower object of approximate dimensions 6 x 6 m thereby comes into sight with the axes leading from north to south and from west to east. The tower used to have residential-fortification function and it used to be the castle complexs main part.


Down below the acropolis there were both lesser and bigger terraces placed in the southwestern and northeastern slope respectively. Adjoined to the tower by a timber palisade fortification, they served as a housekeeping facilities. The saddle, situated behind the bigger one, got additionally widened and deepened in order to become an isthmian ditch. The ditches outer side was flanged by a semicircular rampart only a piece of which has remained until now.


Elevation difference between the present-day bottom of the ditch and level of the acropolis shows 10 m, and on the assumption that the tower was 12 – 15 m high, the access way to the castle could be sufficiently under control. This original access footpath is still distinct even today and is approaching from the west, that is from the village. Then it turns southwestwards, traverses the isthmus connecting the cone of the castle hillock with the lateral massif of the valley, and surmounts the ditch. It enters the bigger terrace next and from here the way finally gets right onto the acropolis. Although there are actually left no aboveground remnants of the central polyhedral stonework tower, on the slopes beneath the top it is possible to see a little crushed mortar as well as tiny building material which stands for a local limestone. Archaeological artefacts from the site are almost unknown, just a solitary finding of a ceramic fragment was registered here before 1940.


Rastislav Tóth

Literature


BÓNA, Martin – LUKAČKA, Ján: Úloha hradov horného Ponitria a Požitavia pri obrane a osídlení územia do konca 14. storočia. In: Archaologia historica 27, 2002, pp 239 – 268 (re: 247, 262).


HABOVŠTIAK, Alojz: Stredoveké hrádky na Slovensku. In: Vlastivedn� časopis, 1972, no. 1, pp 2 – 8 (passim).


PLAČEK, Miroslav – BÓNA, Martin: Encyklopédia slovensk�ch hradov. First edition. Bratislava: Slovart 2007. 392 pp (re: 11, 101).


Pramene k dejinám osídlenia Slovenska z konca 5. až z 13. storočia, vol. 1, Bratislava, hlavné mesto SSR a Západoslovensk� kraj, part 2. First edition. Nitra: Archaological Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences 1989. 522 pp (re: 359), 1 encl.


SLIVKA, Michal – PLAČEK, Miroslav: Stredoveké hrádky v okolí Bánoviec nad Bebravou. In: Vlastivedn� časopis, 1988, no. 3, pp 141 – 143 (passim).


Vlastivedn� slovník obcí na Slovensku, vol. 3. First edition. Bratislava: Veda 1978. 536 pp (re: 130), 8 encl.


WIEDERMANN, Egon: Archeologické pamiatky Topoľčianskeho múzea. First edition. Nitra: Archaological Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences, and Nitra: Slovak Archaological Society 1985. 137 pp (re: 80, 135), 5 encl.

GPS: É 48° 51.219 (48.853642)
K 18° 17.902 (18.298374)

A vár maradványait a falu északkeleti része fölé emelkedő dombon találjuk.

Nógrád megye várai